Welcome to Bishop Tyrrell
It’s a great pleasure, as the new Principal of this wonderful school, to introduce you to all it has to offer. This website gives you a glimpse of Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College, but I very much hope that you will want to come and visit us in person: you will be made very welcome.
If you choose Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College for your son or daughter, you will be choosing a school that is committed to being at the forefront of educational progress in the twenty-first century. Academic excellence is at the centre of all we do here. We value intellectual development in the broadest sense, and we offer an outstanding range and quality of extra-curricular activities, as well as excellent pastoral care to support and sustain our pupils throughout their time at Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College and beyond.
We are also very lucky to have such an inspirational environment to live and work in: few schools can offer such a magnificent backdrop to shape the character of the education they provide. Visitors are invariably struck by the great beauty of our Campus. We have a strong Christian tradition, but we welcome pupils of all faiths and none, and we gather together several times a week to celebrate our collective life, to renew our sense of purpose and to have some space and time for reflection.
In this light, we have set for ourselves the following key priorities as we seek to provide the very best possible education for our students.
- A distinctive, challenging and exciting curriculum which prepares our students to learn, lead and serve our community, nation and the world in the years to come
- A compassionate and engaged Christian community where students are known, cared for, challenged and enriched
- Highly able, passionate, committed staff with the capacity to deliver our strategic intent and who are fine role models for our girls and boys
- A beautiful College
- A College with a culture of faith, leadership, friendship and excellence
- A world renowned centre for learning
I believe the values of a Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College education will stay with our pupils for the rest of their lives. I hope they will leave us having achieved the very best they are capable of, having found out what it is that they love and are good at, having learned to challenge themselves, how to work as a team, to value other people, and to learn, lead and serve. But most of all, I want every boy or girl who comes to Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College to believe that this is their school, and to know that each of them has a unique part to play in its story.