Learn for life, lead for life, serve for life
Bishop Tyrrell is a co-educational independent school for children in Preschool to Year 12.
Located on 7.9 hectares of land in the leafy residential suburb of Fletcher, Bishop Tyrrell is just 30 minutes from Newcastle and within easy reach of the Hunter region.
Our modern facilities, beautiful grounds and proximity to both city and country provide an array of recreational and educational opportunities for students.
- Playing fields
- Indoor Basketball and Netball courts
- Outdoor Basketball, Netball and Tennis courts
- Dedicated Drama room – black acoustic curtains, set pieces, drama blocks, costumes and props
- Parcan and LED lighting system
- Male and female change rooms
- Purpose built music facility with state of the art sound equipment
- Private teaching practice studios furnished with pianos
- Specialist teaching staff who teach all of the orchestral, band and contemporary instruments available for private tuition both in and out of school hours
- Specialised and general purpose computer labs complete with Programming, Graphic, Audio and Video Editing solutions
- High-speed wireless internet throughout the campus
- Complimentary access to learning content, Microsoft applications and School files from any device, anywhere and at any time.
- Access It Library Management System with e-book facility
- Large presentation and teaching space, equipped with smart boards
- Comfortable and flexible teaching spaces
- DVC live broadcast recording
- Access to telephones for Distance Education students
- Meeting room
- Colour printer, scanner and copier
- Compactus for class sets and text books