Early learning is not just about colouring, painting and playing dress-up. A child’s experience at Preschool can set the foundation for learning for the rest of their life. Early childhood is about learning how to learn.
Our early childhood program is based on the Reggio Emilia philosophy, providing a foundation for literacy learning.
Active learning in Kindergarten and Year 1 transitions students into a formal classroom setting, while still retaining activity-based learning.
There are a number of benefits to a private education in the early years. Here’s our top 5 reasons why a Preschool and Primary education at Bishop Tyrrell can benefit your child:
- Celebration of childhood: We believe that children should be able to find and express their own voice. The curriculum throughout the College invests richly in children’s expressive development. Specialist teaching is available from Kindergarten, providing opportunities for students to participate in Drama, Music, Art, Design and Technology, Languages and Sport.
- Community: We believe that belonging to a genuine and supportive community is of immense value to both children and families. A rich education is based on a solid partnership between home and school. As you tour our grounds, you will be struck by a sense of ‘belonging’. We are a tight-knit community with a strong sense of service. Our students are enthusiastic about supporting charities and making a positive difference in the world.
- Pastoral care: This is not a buzz word. Pastoral care is the framework of positive education experiences and can have an enormous impact on a child’s development. Every child’s social and emotional growth is a key priority. We have a team of dedicated and passionate teachers and specialist support staff who aspire to encourage every student to be the best version of themselves in the fullest sense. Every child is known, cared for and nurtured to grow. Respecting children, having faith in children, and being able to see the world through their eyes informs our teaching practices and the delivery of our pastoral care program.
- Education is a gift: We believe that education is a gift for life, one that empowers students to learn for life, lead for life and serve for life. With a focus on the whole child, our students benefit from the opportunity to grow, knowing who they are, how they feel and how to express themselves. This is a true gift as these children will grow to become independent learners, creative thinkers who have a strong sense of curiosity … putting them in good stead to achieve to their best ability.
- Stability: Your children can complete their entire education journey through to Year 12 on the one campus. This allows for a smooth transition at each of the pivotal child-development stages. Our stages of learning are modelled on the developmental phases of children and seek to make learning an exciting adventure.
Our early learning program lays the foundation to providing a lifelong love of learning. We want our students to excel while they learn with us and as they embark on their journey beyond the classroom. It is a gift that will benefit your child for many years to come.
To experience Bishop Tyrrell for yourself, we welcome you at our next Open Day.